Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Staff Spotlight: Mama Paulina


Editor's Note: This Staff Spotlight highlights Mama Paulina, who has been a matron at our Bibi Mimi's Girls' Home on our flagship campus of Kitongo, but who will be moving to our second campus in Kahunda to become the Head Matron of our girls home.

How long have you been working for Mainsprings?:

"I have been working for Mainsprings for four years."

What is your job position and what are some of your responsibilities?:

"I am a matron in the girls' home here in Kitongo, and I will be the manager of the Kahunda girls' home. My main responsibilities are to take care of the girls and make sure of their safety and the campus safety. I also make reports."

What is your favorite thing about working at Mainsprings?:

"I like that Mainsprings takes care of their workers. Also, they help us to solve the problems that we face. We are a family and that's why we end up doing a really good job!"

What are the biggest challenges you face with your job?:

"The challenges I face are normal challenges that all parents have, like making sure the girls follow the rules, do their chores, etc.

 Are you looking forward to your move to Kahunda as a manager?:

"Yes! I am really happy that I have been given this opportunity. First of all, I love to be a matron and I love children. So I'm happy that I have been given this opportunity to continue learning ad have more responsibilities. I'm looking forward to continue learning and growing as a worker and as a person. I'm going to be a manager and I take that position really seriously. I'm going to work really hard to achieve mine and the organization's goals."

What are you most nervous/anxious about with the move?:

"I'm nervous about getting to know my new boss! I'm used to working with Seth, Melinda, and Paula, and now that is going to change. I will now get to work with Mr. Lyimo!"

And finally, what will you miss most about the Kitongo Campus?:

"I'll miss the girls a lot.  I've been with them for a long time and I love them so much. I will also miss my bosses here, and in general, I'm going to miss the people from this campus because we are a big family!"